Despite an economic slowdown affecting the real estate sector, government-backed schemes like PMAY or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana helped this market recover notably. This scheme was introduced in 2015 to promote affordable housing facilities regarding the Central’s Government’s ‘Housing for All mission’.
● As per reports, PMAY features have been revised recently, and from 1st April 2021, individuals falling under MIG or middle-income group will not be receiving a subsidy.
However, guidelines for the economically weaker section (EWS) and lower-income group (LIG) will remain the same.
With several housing programs getting introduced, financial institutions are now providing certain relaxation on interest rates to make this process affordable. Also, from applying for the scheme to checking the PMAY list, everything can be done using their online portal.
How to check the PM Awas Yojana list?
To make the most of this scheme’s benefits, one needs to meet all the required eligibility parameters and then apply. In case you are planning to avail of a home loan under PMAY, make sure to go through the beneficiary list first to check if your name is there. Here is how you can check it:
Step 1: The beneficiary list for PMAY is segmented into two parts since both the urban and rural segments are available under this scheme. Visit the particular site under which you have applied to obtain the necessary information.
Step 2: From the menu bar, click on the ‘search beneficiary’ option and further choose the ‘search by name’ option from the drop-down menu to make the process easier.
Step 3: Now, you just have to click on the ‘search’ button to get complete information about the PMAY list.
Processes of checking the list for both PMAY rural and PMAY urban are similar; you just have to visit the right portal. Also, keep all necessary documents handy to quickly get done with it.
In case you are not able to find your name on that beneficiary list, it is time for you to recheck if you are meeting Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility parameters.
What are the eligibility criteria for PMAY?
Since this scheme’s sole purpose is to provide affordable housing facilities to the economically challenged section, PMAY eligibility depends on which income range you belong to. There are different income slabs that you should be aware of before applying for the scheme, for instance:
● Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Individuals having annual income up to Rs. 3 lakh belong to this section and will be receiving an interest subsidy of 6.50% and a loan up to Rs. 6 lakh. However, they will be required to submit substantial pieces of evidence to claim PMAY benefits.
● Lower Income Group (LIG): Applicants who are earning Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh annually can also obtain up to Rs.6 lakh, where the interest subsidy remains the same (6.50%).
Apart from the income range, applicants also need to keep the following factors in mind:
● Make sure a woman’s name is there on the property deed before applying for a home loan under the PMAY scheme. For both sole proprietorship and joint ownership, a woman’s name is mandatory to be eligible. However, this particular parameter does not apply to those families that do not have any female members.
● An applicant or anyone from that family cannot own a pucca house in any region of India.
● If anyone from a family, including the applicant, has availed of any government assistance under any housing program, they will not be eligible for a PMAY subsidy.
● The construction of a house under this scheme should be done within 36 months from when the first instalment of the loan is disbursed.
● The property’s location should belong to an area, village, town or city, as per Census 2011.
If you satisfy these criteria, apply for PMAY anew, either online or offline. Thereafter, check the PMAY status with the assessment ID, father’s name, or registered mobile number.
You may also want to look for pre-approved offers on a home loan for a quick and hassle-free loan application. These are available on a range of other financing options, including LAP. Check your pre-approved offer by providing your name and phone number.
From ground floor accommodation for senior citizens and differently-abled individuals to decent infrastructure facilities with environment-friendly materials, the benefits under PMAY are impeccable. And with interest rate concessions on a home loan, beneficiaries under the PMAY list can make purchasing their dream home more convenient and affordable.