Women today are doing their best in every aspect of life, from managing deadlines to home and family; women are having a hold on all and giving their best. Women are becoming more independent, bold and fearless than ever before; they are not afraid of taking up any responsibilities or duties. But what happens a lot is that women tend to neglect or ignore their fashion and styling needs amidst all these activities. Tired from meeting deadlines, travelling and household chores, women often ignore the latest fashion trends in office clothing for women and go with the basic outfits that make them feel comfortable.
But what if we tell you that you can wear trendy, latest and stylish official clothes and yet feel comfortable in your outfit? Sounds amazing, isn’t it?
By just following some simple tips and tricks while shopping for office clothing for yourself, you can achieve the satisfaction of owning a comfortable and equally stylish formal wardrobe. Earlier in time, women’s formal wear just used to be limited to strictly formal pant-suits and skirt-suits at max, but now in 2021, while choosing a professional outfit for women, the sky is the limit! Yes, you can choose any style of outfit you’re comfortable in to be a part of your official wardrobe; you just have to make sure that those outfits don’t cross the thin line between being a professional outfit and an unprofessional one.
You may be wondering what things you should make sure of while buying formal outfits; we will tell you but first, let’s explore the options you have while shopping for premium office wear for women.
- Formal Pant-suits: No matter how much the time or trends change, formal pant-suits will never lose their essence. It’s one of the most suitable options among the office clothing for women; they are classy, sassy, and bossy. So, if you’re comfortable in wearing pants-suits, you should totally go for them! Here are some chic and cool options to choose from:
- Formal Skirt-suits: If you’re one of those people who are not comfortable in keeping their legs caged and covered all the time while working, but you still want to give out bossy vibes the same as the pant-suits, then formal skirt-suits are totally made for you! They are just like pant-suits just with a skirt instead of pants; they are highly comfortable and stylish.
- Evening dresses for women: You can surely try out wearing some exciting evening dresses at some special occasion or formal event every once in a while. Evening dresses are elegant and classy pieces of official clothing for women. You can choose among various prints, patterns and designs like flary, wavy or with a drape.
- Cotton tops with regular fit trousers: On some lazy and tiring days, when you’re getting late and have no energy to get up and select an outfit for work, you can blindly leave it to cotton tops. They are the most loved piece of clothing; you can pair these up with regular fit pants and be carefree and comfortable wherever you go!
- Jumpsuits: Yes! You read right; jumpsuits are also an available option for working women now. Some certain designers or stores offer formal jumpsuits for women to wear at work that are specifically designed, keeping in mind women’s needs and professional dress code.
- Indian Kurtis: On festive occasions or on days when you want to dress traditionally at work, you can try out wearing an Indian Kurti and pair it up with slim-fit trousers to give an elegant touch. These can be a really good and stylish option to choose from, and also, they will bring a bit of freshness to your official wardrobe.
- Skirts or shorts: If the length of a skirt or shorts is taken care of to be ethical, there is no harm in including some skirts and shorts in your official clothing wardrobe. You can pair up skirts or shorts with formal cotton tops and just vibe out in a cool and chic casual look to work!
- Sheath dresses: Sheath dresses never go out of style; they are those timeless classics of official clothing for women that seem elegant no matter what the trend is. When it’s a formal event or an official hangout, you can surely hop into a formal sheath dress and slay your way wherever you go!
So, these were some of the options you can choose from while shopping for official clothing for women. Now that you have a clear idea of options to choose from while shopping for formal outfits for yourself, you also remember that no matter how stylish or classy your outfit is if you’re not carrying it well, it won’t give out the vibes. Also, as discussed above, there are some points you need to make sure of while dressing in professional outfits. Let’s discuss those!
Mentioned below are some points you need to make sure of while dressing in professional wear for women:
- You should always maintain your elegance while wearing a formal outfit; your outfit should never be too revealing or short in length. Especially when wearing evening dresses, formal skirts or shorts, make sure that they are designed up to knee length.
- Don’t overdo your hair and makeup; when you’re getting ready for the office, make sure you don’t overdo your makeup and hairstyle. A minimal and fresh touch of make and a sleek high ponytail will do the magic for you!
- “Less is more”, apply this saying while accessorizing yourself for official wardrobe. Over accessorizing can seem unprofessional and clingy at the workplace; dangling sounds of bracelets and earrings can disturb your colleagues and make you seem unprofessional and too fashionable.
- Always remember, you’re dressing for the workplace and not a wedding or family event. Some women tend to go over the top with their outfits and choose star-studded and shiny outfits for themselves while selecting professional wear, ultimately making them seem unprofessional. So, don’t be one of those and be graceful and mindful while selecting office clothing for yourself.
- Make sure the formal outfit you buy for yourself is comfortable enough for you. So, include comfort in your formal wear shopping checklist now! Never just drool over an outfit just because it’s stylish or trendy; always make sure that it’s comfortable too because you’re going to wear that for long office hours and work hard.
- Follow and embrace your body shape and size! One of the most important points to keep in mind while shopping for official clothing for women is that always buy outfits that embrace your body and its curves. Wearing oversized or too fitted clothes to work is never a good idea. You should always buy perfect fit professional clothes or get them custom made for yourself as per your body shape and size. There are many websites offering custom professional wear for women where you can shop from.
So, these were some points that every professional working woman should keep in mind while shopping or dressing in professional wear. Always remember, ladies, “the first impression is the last impression,” but one should also always maintain that impression. Whether it’s your day one at work or day 100, you should always maintain your style and elegance. Work hard and look smarter!