QuickBooks is a top-notch finance and business suite that is way more complex than any of its counterparts and simultaneously way simpler to operate for the users who belong to a small or medium enterprise or are sole-proprietors. Comprising of features tailored to user’s needs, such as payroll, accepting payments & so on. However, users have witnessed several hitches while working within QuickBooks time and again. The error code “QuickBooks error the file exists” triggers when a user tries accessing certain company files within the QuickBooks Desktop application. One of the primary reasons for the aforementioned error is that the user has limited access to the files one is attempting to open. In addition, there are other possible reasons to pop up the error and there are numerous remedies both of which are mentioned in the upcoming topics of the blog.
In the contrast, the “QuickBooks error the file exists” error code often occurs and could be fixed if necessary action is taken to obviate the error. Notwithstanding, if you have a relevant query, dial the helpdesk number 1-855-856-0042 for a better technical solution.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error PS060
Possible factors behind the triggering of error “QuickBooks error the file exists”
- The QuickBooks product being used has not been updated to the newest version.
- The user is not logged in to Windows and QuickBooks applications as an administrator but rather as a regular user.
- The QuickBooks update process is yet to complete when the user hastily tried to access company files within the application.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application has been corrupted or impaired due to some reasons.
Remedies to weed out error “QuickBooks error the file exists”
Solution-1: Checking the connections are working fine
A user is advised to try to use a wired network connection for working QuickBooks for reliability as the wireless network is not recommended by QuickBooks. Also, make sure to keep in check all the networking hardware such as optical fiber cable, router, modem, etc. Restart your connection by removing the modem and/or router adapter from the wall socket and then plugging it back in.
Solution-2: Providing users with full access to QuickBooks programs
- Open the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ application.
- Select ‘Open File Location’ from the menu.
- Hit the ‘Backspace’ key.
- Look for the file ‘QuickBooks 20[XX]’ (where XX is the year or version).
- Right-click on it and choose ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Security’.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Choose ‘Add’.
- Select ‘Everyone’.
- Choose ‘OK’.
- Select ‘Full Control’.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Reiterate all steps from 1-13 for ‘Users’.
- Open ‘Control Panel’.
- Navigate to ‘User Accounts Control (UAC)’.
- Choose ‘Change UAC’.
- Toggle slider for when a user has to be informed about changes on the screen to activate UAC.
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed.
- Toggle slider ‘Never Notify’ to deactivate UAC.
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed.
If the above solutions don’t work, change firewall settings to allow the QuickBooks programs to run without interruption.
We have arrived at the ending of the blog. To conclude, we hope that all info about the error “QuickBooks error the file exists” has been conveyed promptly to the users to run the troubleshooting themselves. However, if you need further assistance, call the helpline number 1-855-856-0042 for better tech help.