QuickBooks error 6144 82 usually arises while opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. When the error is triggered, the software start freezing or stops responding. It is a technical error that can affect your data if not resolved correctly. Damaged or corrupted Windows registry and attack from a virus is responsible for the error. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks error 6144 82, its causes and solutions, so stay connected till the end.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks error 6144 82 and want to fix it right away, then get assistance from the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number 1-(800)-579-9430.
You may also read: Quickbooks error 6147 0
What triggers QuickBooks error 6144 82?
Following are the possible causes behind the error:
- Missing or damaged QuickBooks configuration files.
- QuickBooks company file’s location has been changed.
- There is some damage or corruption in the file.
- QuickBooks desktop application is outdated.
Now, you can proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 6144 82
The troubleshooting solutions given below will help you fix the error:
Solution 1. Repair the damaged QuickBooks configuration files
QuickBooks fixes the damage by recreating the files after you rename them. Follow these steps to change the files name:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, right-click on each file and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the solution given above didn’t work, proceed to the next one.
Solution 2. Download the latest update of QuickBooks
Update QuickBooks manually using the steps given below:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click the icon and choose Run as administrator.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab.
- Choose Mark All and then select Save.
- Click on the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click Get Updates.
We tried our best to help you overcome QuickBooks error 6144 82. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful. If you face any trouble following the steps mentioned above, contact certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430.